[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:09:19 EEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 09:56, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2010-06-01 8:39 AM, Phil Howard wrote:
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 17:30, Charles Marcus wrote:
>>> Of course it is meant for people, but it is meant to show only the
>>> bare minimum of what postfix sees as the settings. It is left up to
>>> you, the sys admin, to be able to interpret the data as presented,
>>> bearing in mind all caveats (ie, that last setting wins)...
>
>> And that caveat was something I was not aware of, as it is an usual
>> method.
>
> That's why reading man pages is usually a good idea... ;)

Yes.  And if Postfix were not such a large and complex MTA (not that
others aren't), and if the complexities of getting things working
between Postfix and Dovecot were not so hard (if Postfix and Dovecot
had supported a common file format for listing users and their crypt
passwords, this would have taken a lot less of my time), I might have
had time to read it all.  Unfortunately, working at a startup does not
afford such luxury.

Postfix's great advantage is that it supports so many ways to do things.

Postfix's great disadvantage is that it supports so many ways to do things.

I should have also just blown off all the people trying to get me to
use SQL and such, instead of debating them (which was just a waste of
time).