[Dovecot] Dovecot aspects of fighting spam

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:13:02 EEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:55, William Blunn <bill+dovecot at blunn.org> wrote:

> "The Dovecot Sieve plugin provides mail filtering facilities at time of
> final message delivery using the Sieve (RFC 5228
> <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5228.txt>) language."
>
> "Sieve is implemented as a plugin to deliver <http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA>."

I hadn't gotten to reading much about Sieve, yet, as what I had read
said it was something IMAP users would run.  So I didn't realize
(then) that I needed to read about it.  It was in the list for stuff
to read about, but just for later.  It is now bumped up and I will be
reading about it this week (the email server is a fraction of what is
going on here).