[Dovecot] draft-ietf-morg-list-specialuse-01 - IMAP LIST extension for special-use mailboxes

Nikolay Shopik nshopik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 22:45:50 EEST 2010

On 01.06.2010 23:23, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> Quoting is annoying.
>>>

>> Hmm, maybe use predefined order of folders? In this case quoting will be
>> used where it necessary
>> list_sepcialuse = Inbox,Drafts,"Sent Messages",etc
>
> Quoting is still annoying to handle. Probably best to implement this
> without a plugin and then you can use:
>
> list-specialuse {
>    trash = Trash
>    sent = Sent Messages
>    ..
> }

I've yet to decide how we handle if client choice to make another folder
for Trash for example, should we lock for specific folders and not allow
client to use command CREATE. Probably add another option like
list-specialuse-lock = yes. But I prefer way of "defaulting" to some
predefined folders and if admin choice to use list-specialuse{} to
change this default dovecot will not allow client to change it.