[Dovecot] Sieve GUI

Rainer Frey rainer.frey at inxmail.de
Wed Jun 2 09:23:09 EEST 2010

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 20:55:52 Phil Howard wrote:
> <frank+lists/dovecot at linetwo.net> wrote:

> >> Right now only time for a quick look.  Looks like yet another server
> >> with yet another protocol (via port 4190), rather than integrated into
> >> IMAP as an extension.  I'm doubting all my email clients have support
> >> for this.
> >
> > You're wrong on it being another server; it does work within IMAP.

It is integrated into dovecot (once patched) and does not need to be managed
as a separate daemon on the server. But it is a separate protocol on a
different port (traditional default: 2000).

> In the mean time, I just need a short term solution to divert tagged-as-spam
> messages into the INBOX-spam (or something like that) folder.  I'll
> probably just go ahead and write a shim program in C (as easy for me
> as a script is for others) to check for the tag and add the -m option
> to deliver as needed.

This is absolutely unnecessary. Sieve can be used without letting the users
manage their own scripts. There can be a system wide default script.

Rainer