[Dovecot] "failed to store into mailbox 'INBOX': Not enough disk space." with large mail

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Jun 11 06:23:49 EEST 2010

Jakob Curdes put forth on 6/10/2010 10:54 AM:

> Same here, we run a  mailbox_size_limit of 700MB and have several users
> regularly hitting the limit.
> Can't really slap them as they would reply " on google I have 7 GB mail
> space".

I wonder how often Google does full disaster recovery off site
backup/mirroring of all those millions of _free_ 7GB mailboxen.  AFAIK, Google
makes no guarantees WRT mailbox contents.  They may have full multi site
redundancy, but I've yet to read a whitepaper describing it.

--
Stan