[Dovecot] Thunderbird namespace handling

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 11 17:41:29 EEST 2010

On pe, 2010-06-11 at 16:38 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> I thought that hidden=no would provide no means for the client to
> know about the namespace

Right.

> and that list=yes would allow to list mailboxes
> in the namespace only if we somehow know the name of the namespace and
> specify it in the list command.

No. The list=yes means if the parent namespace should include this
namespace's mailboxes in its LIST reply, i.e. break namespace
boundaries.

If you know the namespace prefix, its mailboxes are always listable.
There wouldn't really be any point in a namespace whose contents
couldn't be listed..

> You seem to imply that a client who would do list "" * would list the
> mailboxes of all namespaces configured with list=yes.

Correct.