[Dovecot] convert Plugin Error

Bradlee Landis bradleelandis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 22:23:45 EEST 2010

I am getting an error when using the convert plugin for dovecot.

Jun 14 13:27:20 mail dovecot: IMAP(user): Mailbox conversion:
rename(/home/user/mail, /home/user/mail-converted) failed: Directory
not empty

Dovecot creates mail-converted, but does not delete mail completely
for some reason. It continues to add a message from the mbox to
Maildir format, creating duplicates every time I check my email.

I can fix it by deleting mail-converted, but I don't want this to
happen to other users on the system. Does anyone have a clue as to why
it's doing this, and what I can do to fix it? I can send you my mbox
file and home directory structure if you'd like to take a gander at
it.

Dovecot v1.0.7
Scientific Linux 5.4 (Importing mbox files from RHEL 3.8).

--
Thanks,
Brad Landis