[Dovecot] passwd-file management utility

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:55:40 EEST 2010

I'm now putting together tools/documentation to manage/administer the
mail server, including, of course, managing users.  Round one will be
command line tools.  In order to avoid re-invention, I was looking
around for existing tools.  I really cannot find any.  So it seems I
will be developing them.  The first will be the one to manage users in
the passwd-file format.  So I'm just asking around if anyone has heard
of such tools somewhere Google isn't finding (it does find lots of
generic pages with the keywords used in other contexts).  If not, I'll
be building my own (and this will be for passwd-file format for the
userdb/passdb),