[Dovecot] \Noselect on virtual folders

Matthias Rieber ml-dovecot at zu-con.org
Wed Jun 16 22:33:06 EEST 2010

Hi,

I've some virtual folders which seem a bit odd when they are listed.

a LIST "virtual.spam." "*"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasNoChildren) "." "virtual.spam."
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "virtual.spam.unchecked"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "virtual.spam.disagree"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "virtual.spam.disagree.dspam"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "virtual.spam.disagree.spamassassin"
a OK List completed.

This seems ok, virtual.spam and virtual.spam.disagree can't contain mails.
I'm wondering if virtual.spam should have the flag \HasChildren instead if
\HasNoChildren, but this doesn't cause trouble...

a LIST (SUBSCRIBED) "virtual.spam." "*"
* LIST (\Subscribed \Noselect) "." "virtual.spam.disagree.spamassassin"
* LIST (\Subscribed \Noselect) "." "virtual.spam.disagree.dspam"
* LIST (\Subscribed \Noselect) "." "virtual.spam.unchecked"
a OK List completed.

When I list the folder with (SUBSCRIBED), the virtual folders are all
flagged with \Noselect. This appears at all virtual folders. All other
folders don't have the \Noselect flag. On the Nokia N900 I can't enter all
virtual folders. The log shows that the n900 always list the folders with
(SUBSCRIBED).

Is this listing the expected behaviour?

regards,

Matthias