[Dovecot] Shared mailboxes errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 17 16:57:08 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 16:25 +0300, Nikita Koshikov wrote:

> Jun 17 15:50:33 dict: Error: sql dict iterate: Invalid/unmapped path: shared/shared-boxes/anyone/

I think the wiki sql configuration was written/tested by someone who got
the same errors, but ignored them.. You need to provide also a mapping
for this. Maybe something like:

map {
	pattern = shared/shared-boxes/anyone/$from
	table = anyone_shares
	value_field = dummy

	fields {
		from_user = $from
	}
}

or maybe to your existing table (just don't have a user called
"anyone"):

map {
	pattern = shared/shared-boxes/user/anyone/$from
	table = user_shares
	value_field = dummy

	fields {
		from_user = $from
	}
}

> I have no clue why this happening, users don't know about new functionality they just use imap as before. Also dict database begin to fill up by records like:
>
> select * from user_shares;
> user at domain.com|admin at domain.com|1
>
> But user don't use setacl command.

I think the dict is rebuilt sometimes when ACLs change (or if
dovecot-acl-list file is rebuilt for some other reason). This code isn't
really optimized yet and it might be rebuilding them unnecessarily..