[Dovecot] Problem configuring rawlog with 2.0beta6

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 18 03:15:13 EEST 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> The initial problem I was seeing after upgrade from 2.0beta5 to
> 2.0beta6 was error messages from my Android phone K9 client that
> dovecot was reporting -1 messages in various mailboxes. These
> mailboxes do have the special "Mail System Internal Data" message in
> them.

Just to follow up on this original issue, it appears the client sends an
"examine" for the folder and gets back a perfectly appropriate response
including

 0 EXISTS
 0 RECENT

and then proceeds to log an error about -1 Messages. Thus, this appears
to be strictly a client issue, possibly caused by a client software
update about the same time as the dovecot update.