[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 auth socket error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 18 17:04:17 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 01:11 -0700, Tim Traver wrote:

> Now, from what I can tell, this is complaining that the socket doesn't
> have write permission for the group, because it is owned by root and
> created with only 600 permissions...I can chmod the file to add the rw
> for the group, and then it appears to start working ok, but if I stop
> and start dovecot, it will only re-create those files with the 600
> permissions...

example-config/conf.d/10-master.conf:

service auth {
  # auth_socket_path points to this userdb socket by default. It's typically
  # used by dovecot-lda, doveadm, possibly imap process, etc. Its default
  # permissions make it readable only by root, but you may need to relax these
  # permissions. Users that have access to this socket are able to get a list
  # of all usernames and get results of everyone's userdb lookups.
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    #mode = 0600
    #user =
    #group =