[Dovecot] Error: dict: Leaked a t_pop() call

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Jun 19 13:43:13 EEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 03:31 -0700, Brendan McCollam wrote:

> I'm running dovecot 1.0.7 on CentOS 5.5, and I've configured it to work

this version is so old it is essentially unsupported

> The response seems to be "nobody keeps their quota in MySQL", but the

Lots of people do, us included

> setup I'm using is what's recommended by the authors of PostfixAdmin:
> http://postfixadmin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/postfixadmin/trunk/DOCUMENTS/DOVECOT.txt?revision=808&view=markup

don't use postfix admin,  corporately we use internal written portal,
privately, for this domain etc I use GRS.
without problem.

> 2) If it is something that should be addressed, do you think I would be
> better off trying to patch and recompile the 1.0.7 version, or just
> upgrading to a newer version of Dovecot (keeping in mind that 1.0.7
> seems to be the latest available in CentOS repositories)

*shakes head*  who cares what version they have, it is outdated, and any
bugs may have been found and fixed  years ago! The same applies to
ancient debian versions as well, in ANY software you have issues with,
it is wise to use their latest current stable before asking them for
help, be it dovecot, apache, postfix, bind... or  whatever :) As
developers hate wasting their time on ancient resolved bugs. sadly
people who decide to only rely upon the ancient distro versions need to
remember they are really  "use at your own risk" packages.

Please download 1.2.12, the current stable release, however read the
release notes because some settings will be incompatible with 1.0.x.
there wont be too many differences but might be some, depending on your
setup.