[Dovecot] Sieve isn't working

Steven Weiß steven.weiss1983 at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 20 08:42:56 EEST 2010

Am 19.06.2010 19:30, schrieb Pascal Volk:
> On 06/19/2010 07:18 PM Steven Weiß wrote:
>> Hi Pascal,
>>
>> thanks for the quick reply.
>>
>> I enabled mail_debug and restarted dovecot, but still no entry in the
>> log file. I assume that deliver isn't properly set up. I'm using qmail
>> and configured /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery as follows:
>>
>> | /var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
>> mymail at mydomain.de
>>
>> Running ps aux | grep "deliver" gives me this:
>> qmail-lspawn | /var/qmail/bin/preline -f
>> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d mymail at mydomain.de
>>
>> I checked both paths of preline and deliver and they're correct. And I
>> use the fixed mail address passed as -d as seen above. The user is set
>> up in the static userdb file:
>> mymail at mydomain.de:{PLAIN}mypasswd
>>
>> As I understood the mechanics of qmail / deliver interaction it looks
>> correct to me. But something must be wrong :-(
>>

> Please stop top-posting.

My apologies for that, I'm new on a mailing list.

> Qmail‽
>
> Fist configure a 'master socket', so deliver will be able to
> perform user lookups. see http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA#Virtual_users
>
> Then save a message as /tmp/testmail
> Finally execute:
>
> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d<recipient>  -f<envelopesender>  </tmp/testmail
>
> Don't forget to check your logs.

With the manual call it worked. In the log files I can see that the
sieve script was loaded and executed and the test mail was stuffed into
the right folder.

The only problem now is that deliver isn't called from qmail. Do you
have any idea why that's the case? I did everything as explained in the
Wiki.

Greetings, Steven