[Dovecot] dovecot evaluation on a 30 gb mailbox

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Fri Jun 25 05:01:30 EEST 2010

In my measurements I did years ago, I found imapproxy to give a small
improvement compared to 0.9x dovecot, I believe that went away in 1.x
versions.

I did use imapproxy on a few systems. But over time I finally gave up
on it, mainly cause it kept crashing, causing webmail to stop working,
and I didn't feel adding a watcher or looping it to keep it running to
be the correct fix. And given the very small improvment it gave, felt
it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with.