[Dovecot] Dovecot-2.0 conf misc questions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 28 23:15:29 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 19:04 +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:06:53PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > That alone doesn't break it with my tests. Could you send me the entire
> > config file so I could get this fixed?
>
> Here it is (I anonymised some path and addresses) in attachment

doveconf -n -c dovecot.conf > /dev/null

gives only some warnings with me. No errors..:

doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in dovecot.conf:176:
login_max_processes_count has been replaced by service { process_limit }

> > default_client_limit: This is mainly for non-imap/pop3 processes, since
> > they have overridden it. 1 client = 1 connection, usually from another
> > Dovecot process.
>
> You mean connexions between internal dovecot processes other than
> login/auth/imap or pop3 processes ?

Look at "doveconf -a service" output. For each service

1) that has service_count=1, the client limits have no effect. only a
single client is ever served.
2) that has client_limit != 0, that limit is used
3) otherwise, default_client_limit is used