[Dovecot] Error that I don't understand

Andre am at am.cx
Tue Jun 29 17:21:03 EEST 2010

On 29/giu/2010, at 15.57, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Andre wrote:
>
>> IMAP(username at cubeholding.com): Error: read(mail, uid=58284) failed: Is a directory
>>
>> I’ve looked at sources and found this message in src/lib-storage/index/index-mail.c, function static int index_mail_stream_check_failure(struct index_mail *mail) but I don’t understand where it come from, I understand it is something about indexes, anyone can explain me more, please?
>
> Turn on mail_debug and check the output regarding the login of the session, there are entries telling you the home directory and mailbox locations and mailbox formats.
>
> I bet that you have configured a mailbox location, e.g. for the INBOX, that ought to be a file, but is in fact a directory.
>
> Regards,

This is the output of authtest:
# /usr/lib/dovecot/authtest andre
userdb: andre
uid   : 1001
user  : andre at cubeholding.com
home  : /var/mail/cubeholding.com/andre
extra fields:
 username=andre
 domain=cubeholding.com
 mail=maildir:~/maildir/:LAYOUT=fs:INDEX=~/indexes/

This is the relevant part of dovecot -a:

namespace:
 type: private
 separator: /
 prefix:
 location:
 alias_for:
 inbox: yes
 hidden: no
 list: yes
 subscriptions: yes

It does not seem to me that the problem is the one you pointed out, even if I think you pointed in the right direction

Andre