[Dovecot] What does mailman do with a 'post' command?

Masaharu Kawada mkawada at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 09:35:58 EET 2010

Dear list,

Thanks alot for all of you who gave me suggestions on my questions. I
appreciate it!

 >Mark-san,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

 >A message sent to mailman at example.co.jp which via the alias above is
 >posted to the 'mailman' list by piping to the command
 >
 >  /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman

I'm sorry that I still have one more thing to ask. Even if the mail(sent
to mailman@ via
that alias) is because of senddigests,  what exaclty does it mean?  I
mean that what does
'post' commnad do(what is gonna happen if the 'post mailman' executed)?

 >The mailing list is used. The address is the source of some messages and
 >is also on the listinfo overview page in the message
 >
 >If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
 >mailman at example.co.jp.
 >
 >and on the admin overview page in the message
 >
 >(Send questions and comments to mailman at example.co.jp.)

As for the above,  do you mean that the admin is mailman user which
specified as
a 'owner'  option?

On the other hand, I have joined mailman-users at python.org as you led me
know.