[Dovecot] Quota plugin and SQL

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun Mar 7 14:53:19 EET 2010

On 03/07/2010 11:02 AM David wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 09:58, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 22:12 +0000, David wrote:
>> Not currently. If you're using PostgreSQL, you could create a view and
>> update-rule though. I don't know if that's possible with MySQL.
>>
> Thanks Timo.  Is that something which could change in a future version?

A modification in the quota code would be great. I'm using the UID for
my users - not their email addresses, which is stored nowhere only in
the quota table.

Mh, don't know how hard it would be modify the code that way, that it
would accept a dict configuration like:

	map {
	  pattern = priv/quota/storage
	  table = quota