[Dovecot] 2.0 beta 3 w/o libwrap?

Scott Ellis scotte at intrepid.warped.com
Sun Mar 7 21:12:09 EET 2010

I'm trying to kickstart 2.0b3 on my NetBSD system (where 1.2.x works
great!), and keep hitting:

Fatal: service(tcpwrap)
access(/software/dovecot-2.0beta3/libexec/dovecot/tcpwrap) failed: No
such file or directory

Indeed, that file doesn't exist...but I don't have nor want libwrap.  It
appears that doveconf includes tcpwrap...

service tcpwrap {
   chroot =
   client_limit = 1
   drop_priv_before_exec = no
   executable = tcpwrap
   extra_groups =
   group =
   privileged_group =
   process_limit = 0
   process_min_avail = 0
   protocol =
   service_count = 0
   type =
   user = $default_internal_user
   vsz_limit = 4294967295
}

...but nothing else seems to.  Running configure with --without-libwrap
doesn't make any difference (configure doesn't find libwrap anyway).

What am I missing here?  How can I use dovecot 2.0 w/tcp wrappers?

	ScottE