[Dovecot] Cannot create auth-master file

Greg Frith gfrith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 19:02:09 EET 2010

Hi all,

Thanks to Pascal here for suggesting that I pass the configuration file to the deliver process.  In fact, what I have done is uninstalled the Ubuntu dovecot-postfix package in favour of a 'clearer' postfix, dovecot etc stack of my own.  Having dug a big deeper in various ubuntu forums, it would appear that others have had similar problems with the dovecot LDA reading its configuration from the main rather than -postfix variant of the configuration.

I'll file a bug with Ubuntu.

Thanks for you help.

Advice for other reading this thread, stick with installing and configuring the individual components yourself!

:wq.