[Dovecot] Howto disable imap listener in dovecot 2.0

Erik Logtenberg erik at logtenberg.eu
Thu Mar 11 01:58:14 EET 2010

Allright Timo, thanks for confirming.

When I do uncomment the "inet_listener imap" line and set the port to 0,
I get the following error message:

Mar 11 00:53:45 mbox dovecot: config: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/opt/dovecot-2.0.beta3/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: duplicate listener: 0:

What could I have done wrong?

I grepped for other "inet_listener" directives, but they are only
specified in master.conf and there is only one "inet_listener imap" and
one "inet_listener imaps" in there. So I can't find anything that's
duplicate.

Kind regards,

Erik.