[Dovecot] nosql (it was mogilefs)

fernando at dfcom.com.br fernando at dfcom.com.br
Fri Mar 12 15:11:51 EET 2010

Yes,

I´ve read these doc. I was just considering if someone had any experience with Mogile in email environment.

Well, actually I´m trying to figure out if one of those nosql systems can store and scale email systems (ie, mailboxes - instead of maildir). I know mysql is always quoted as an option and discussed sometimes in the list. I think it´s an unnecessary overhead and bottleneck.

As brainstorm. How about Cassandra, Tokyo-Tirant, Redis, and so on. Have you ever worked or tested one of them at production or even testing environment ?

What do you think ?

Best Regards,
Fernando