[Dovecot] Removing Duplicates

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Sun Mar 14 13:41:59 EET 2010

Em 14/03/2010 08:21, Sabahattin Gucukoglu escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I am starting fresh with a local repository of mails, which almost certainly have duplicates in them.  I am going to use maildirs, and ensure all mails are input with CRLFs.
>
> The question is: does anybody know how I can find and remove duplicates, either while injecting mail with IMAP, or afterward?  I can use tools to find duplicate Message-IDs, but don't know of a way to remove duplicates in mailboxes that are already imported as opposed to incoming mail.  Perhaps there is a way to use the IMAP protocol for this?

     i've used console tool named fdupes to find duplicate messages on
Maildirs. That's done directly on the filesystem, there's no IMAP or
dovecot involved.

     for a user way of doing that, i've used the excellent Thunderbird
add-on called 'Remove Duplicated Messages'

     it's SUPER fast and can check parameters that fdupes cannot. In
fact fdupes search for duplicated FILES while the add-on can be
configured to really find duplicated MESSAGES, based on Message-ID and
other things.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues