[Dovecot] bug or feature?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 14 14:05:10 EET 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 07:56 -0400, zhong ming wu wrote:
> Dear List
>
> If   ssl_username_from_cert = yes
> then setting of auth_username_chars is not respected.  (It may be that
> anything goes in that case)

Hmm. I'm not sure about that. If you're using that, the user already has
a trusted cert. So the username should be valid already, otherwise you
wouldn't have approved the cert. But then again, maybe it should still
check it in case the certs are done via some kind of automated way..

> Also how can I include space (0x20) in auth_username_chars if I don't
> use  ssl_username_from_cert = yes

ssl_username_chars = " abcd..."