[Dovecot] Disconnected BUG Unknown internal error bytes

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Mon Mar 15 14:54:14 EET 2010

On 03/15/2010 12:53 PM Clovis Tristao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using dovecot current version 1.2.11, and is showing the following
> error when users connect via IMAP.
>
> dovecot: IMAP(<user>): Disconnected: BUG: Unknown internal error
> bytes=77/773
>
> What's happen? How to solve this problem?

You forgot to tell us some details, like your `dovecot -n` output. You
could also enable some *_debug/*_verbose settings, maybe they will log
something useful (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging)

I've tested imap logins in v1.2.11 with different passdb/userdb settings
(passwd/pam, passwd-file/passwd-file and postgresql/postgresql). No
problems so far.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: c01dcafe.1007413 at localdomain.org