[Dovecot] dovecot 2.0beta3 installation

Renaud Allard renaud at allard.it
Wed Mar 17 22:21:20 EET 2010

On 17/03/10 21:11, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 21:09 +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:
>
>> dovecot_delivery transport output: lda: Fatal: User lookup failed:
>> net_connect_unix(/opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf) failed: No such
>> file or directory
>
> Yeah, I broke this yesterday. Fixed it today.

Thanks Timo, so I suppose the daily snapshot should be better for me.

Any idea on the second part of my mail?
I didn't really find out how to convert the v1.2 config snippet:
auth default {
   mechanisms = digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm login plain
   passdb passwd-file {
     args = /etc/cram.pwd
   }
   userdb passwd {
   }
   userdb passwd-file {
     args = /etc/passwd
   }
   socket listen {
     client {
       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
       mode = 0666
     }
   }
   user = exim
}

I tried the following, but it does not seem to work as I get an
authentication socket protocol error

service auth {
   unix_listener /var/run/dovecot/auth-client {
     mode = 0666
   }
}