[Dovecot] dovecot user

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 27 07:08:32 EET 2010

On 27.3.2010, at 6.49, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

>> Tail just doesn't make much sense to me. Also it's not completely free
>> of pornographic associations either. :)
>
> No, no, totally free of pornographic connotation.  Dovetail is a type of
> woodworking joint.  That's what the vast majority of people on planet earth
> will associate "dovetail" with anyway.

Maybe the native english speakers (and I'd think only a subset of them too). I had never heard of dovetail.

>> So my last idea: doveless. "It's less of a dovecot process." To me it
>> seems closer to perfect as anything I've seen so far.
>
> Or how about just "dovel", a crafty word smithing merge of dovecot+shovel?
> Although I'm unsure of any parallels between the work done by this thing and
> that performed by a shovel.  ;)  Still, it's catchy.

I want something that's at least potentially understandable to people who understand english (and not just native speakers). I wouldn't know why some process is owned by user "dovel". That might not even make me realize it's a Dovecot process.