[Dovecot] dovecot server down, dovecot deliver keeps mail?

mimosinnet at gmail.com mimosinnet at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:28:50 EEST 2010

My dovecot server was down las friday, and it seems that mails have been
lost. This is what I have got in my logs since the server has been down:

May  3 03:35:34 generatech dovecot: deliver(mail at domain.org): userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No such file or directory

I guess that because the server was down dovecot transport could not deliver the mail. Nevertheless, I am wondering if dovecot deliver agent keeps undelivered mail somewhere.

Thanks!

I have been using this howto for the configuration:

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Mail_server_using_Postfix_and_Dovecot

This is dovecot 1.2.6, and my configuration:

# dovecot -n
# 1.2.6: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.28-hardened-r9 x86_64 Gentoo Base System release 2.0.1 rootfs
listen: *:143
ssl_listen: *:52003
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/dovecot.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/dovecot.key
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
first_valid_uid: 8
last_valid_uid: 8
first_valid_gid: 12
last_valid_gid: 12
mail_uid: 8
mail_gid: 12
mail_location: maildir:/var/mail/%d/%n/Maildir/:INDEX=/var/mail/%d/%n/indexes
mail_plugins: quota imap_quota
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at generatech.org
  mail_plugins: quota sieve
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  user: nobody
  passdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  userdb:
    driver: prefetch
  userdb:
    driver: sql
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: postfix
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 432
      user: mail
      group: mail
plugin:
  sieve: /var/mail/%d/%n/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir: ~/var/mail/%d/%n/sieve

--
Ningún Lugar
Activisme Cultural per a la Transformació Social
ningun_lugar at riereta.net
http://ningunlugar.org/
http://generatech.ningunlugar.org/
http://video.ningunlugar.org