[Dovecot] Dovecot deliver LDA problem

mailing at securitylabs.it mailing at securitylabs.it
Wed May 5 00:20:21 EEST 2010

Il 04/05/2010 23:14, Alex ha scritto:
> Hello folks,
> I was trying to set up Dovecot deliver LDA instead of Postfix default
> virtual LDA
>

> May 04 10:43:10 deliver(some_address at some_domain.com): Error: userdb
> lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot//auth-master) failed: No such file or
> directory

Hello, I think you are missing the master authentication socket in yout
dovecot.conf

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

Under Virtual users:

auth default {
..
   socket listen {
     # Note that we're setting a master socket. SMTP AUTH for Postfix and Exim uses client sockets.
     master {
       # Typically under base_dir/, if not the directory must be created.
       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

       # Auth master socket can be used to look up userdb information for
       # given usernames. This probably isn't very sensitive information
       # for most systems, but still try to restrict the socket access if possible.
       mode = 0600
       user = vmail # User running deliver
       #group = mail # Or alternatively mode 0660 + deliver user in this group
     }
   }
..
}