[Dovecot] looking for feedbacks on courier to dovecot

Arne K. Haaje arne at drlinux.no
Sat May 8 11:34:22 EEST 2010

 Fredag 7. mai 2010 16.41.25 skrev Mihamina Rakotomandimby :
> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> We currently run courier POP .
> We would like to switch to Dovecot.
>
> I encounter problems when migrating the UIDL because we have big
> Maildirs and POP re-downlading the data is not possible for most of the
> users.
>
> I tried the http://www.dovecot.org/tools/courier-dovecot-migrate.pl
> script but I still have the re-downloading event.
>
> What are your stories and advices about courier-to-dovecot move?
>
> Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

Hi,

When moving my users from courier to dovecot I used the imapsync tool, which I
then made a script for.

Some info on imapsync http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/

This worked great, and as it preserves flags users did not have to re-download
mail. You might want to tune some of the parameters like wheter to subscribe
to folders or not.

No, I only had maybe 100 accounts to move, so I don't know how well it stacks
up with moving large amounts between servers.

Cheers,

Arne