[Dovecot] v2.0.beta5 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 9 22:27:09 EEST 2010

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta5.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta5.tar.gz.sig

Sorry for being so quiet recently. Unfortunately I think it's still going to last a while longer. I'll be in Italy for next two weeks and immediately after that I'll move to Portugal. I'll probably write something about that later to blog.

I had hoped that this beta5 would be almost the same as RC1, but I didn't have time to put everything there yet, and thought beta4 is way too old already. The few things that should still be done:

 - Change expire-tool to be a plugin for doveadm expunge command
 - doveadm mailbox * commands should use UTF-8 for mailbox names, not mUTF-7 (and add -7, -8 parameters to switch between them)
 - THREAD command seems to be crashing
 - some other bugfixes

Some of the changes since beta4:

 - default_login_user is now "dovenull". You should create this user.
 - imap, pop3 -u <user> now does userdb lookup + changes privileges if necessary, so it's much easier to start imap/pop3 session for a specific user from command line
 - doveadm has all kinds of new commands and changes
 - PostgreSQL supports now multiple connections to backend. Also supports load-balancing / HA by specifying multiple host parameters. MySQL and PostgreSQL now share the same code for that.
 - probably lots of other things I can't think of right now.