[Dovecot] List shared folders

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Thu May 13 14:17:20 EEST 2010

Good morning!

I run an imap-only Ubuntu 8.04 mail server with dovecot 1.2 and
pam_ldap, so all my users are posix users. No virtual user or domain, no
sql so far. I am setting up shared folders with "namespace shared". I
got no errors upon restarting the service, but I get no shared folders
listing.

As per the wiki http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared I can use
a bdb file or sql connection to keep the listing. But when I use a
single bdb file like:

plugin {
   acl_shared_dict = file:/var/lib/dovecot/shared-mailboxes.db
}

everytime a user logs in, this file get its ownership to the user with
0600 mode. I could use an sql dictionary, but since I dont have any sql
params on my configs I am not sure where to store connection params like
user, password and host for database. Can anybody help me with that?

My goal is to allow my users to shared selected folders with other
users, hope to be in the right path.

Thanks and regards.

--
Marcio Merlone