[Dovecot] [SOLVED] %d is empty in mail_location

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:38:02 EEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:22, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:

> On 2010-05-14 3:37 PM, Phil Howard wrote:
> > There was a typo in an earlier config item:
> >
> > auth_username_format = %Ln at Ld
>
> I looked back in this thread and don't see any post where you provided
> output of dovecot -n...
>
> For future reference, I think this would have been easily seen in the
> beginning had you done so. One of the things it will do is tell you when
> there is a syntax error and make typos more evident...

I know I posted it, but it might have been in one of the other threads.  I
overlooked that syntax error several times, myself, so I'm in no position to
blame anyone else for that (nor was I expecting someone to directly find a
syntax error ... posting the configuration was expected to be more of a help
to see how I was doing things in general ... when it was asked for).  Sure,
extra eyes might have caught it had I posted the config in every thread.
But I'm not thinking that a mailing list should be for that.