[Dovecot] A new director service in v2.0 for NFS installations

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 19 17:56:05 EEST 2010

On 19.5.2010, at 13.09, Cor Bosman wrote:

> I guess one of my first questions is, not just how to handle failure of proxies, but also failure of whatever server the proxy sends you to. We've talked about that before, that the proxy could for instance fall back to itself as the 'final server'.

The people in here want to use their existing monitoring script that would do "ssh host doveadm director remove 1.2.3.4". But on top of that, yeah, maybe proxy itself could tell director that some host is down and retry the lookup. Although determining when it's down might not be fully reliable always, so I'm a bit worried that proxy could sometimes fail to connect to a mail server even if it's up (but e.g. with high load, temporary small network problem, etc).