[Dovecot] (1.2.11): Confused about shared/public folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 25 21:33:42 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 12:45 +0200, Denny Schierz wrote:

> namespace public {
>    separator = /
>    prefix = public/
>    location = maildir:/imap/shared/domain

Note that /imap/shared/domain/ is in Maildir++ layout (like all other
user maildirs).

> So, i can see in Roundcube (webmail) the folder Public (or shared, from
> the above example) but nothing more. Do i need symlinks, or what I have
> to do after create the folder + permissions?

Your config looks correct. Just create the mailboxes correctly
under /imap/shared/domain/ and set their ACLs (default is not to have
any permissions), and it should work ok.

Test by talking IMAP protocol directly, IMAP clients might make you
think the problem is something completely different.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation

And see if any errors get logged. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging