[Dovecot] Problems with the fs-quota plugin on delivery stage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 25 22:04:59 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 17:02 +0400, Kostik wrote:

> May 12 20:01:47 dovecot: deliver(xxxx at xxxxx.xxxx):
> from=<xxxx at xxxxx.xxxx>,
> msgid=<4BEA4744.1040701 at xxxx@xxxxx.xxxx>: save failed to INBOX: Quota
> exceeded (mailbox for user is full)

BTW. It's also possible to use :noenforcing flag so Dovecot wouldn't try
to enforce the quota limit but just let the write() on filesystem fail.

> Timo or someone else: how to change the location for creating temporary
> files and to avoid such deliver behavior?

Hmmh. I kind of hate the idea of making this configurable.. Maybe if
filesystem quota is enabled, Dovecot should use /tmp and otherwise home.
Yeah, did that to v2.0:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/e63dd7e7ea6e
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/bd8ed4b97fe3

If someone still really wants to use some other directory, it's possible
to write a plugin to override it.