[Dovecot] dovecot2 latest beta5 acl not working properly ?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue May 25 22:56:28 EEST 2010

Am 25.05.2010 19:42, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 19:17 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>> They only look at the CAPABILITY list before login, not afterwards? ACL
>>> is listed only after login. (It's also sent to the client, but some
>>> clients just ignore the updated capability list.) I think this should be
>>> fixed on client side.
>>>

>> oh Timo, it should be fixed, maybe you have chances
>> at horde/imp getting fixes soon, and also upcomming tb versions with acl
>> but who knows what "broken" clients are out in wild, maybe there should
>> be a workaround parameter to behavior as before dovecot2
>
> Well, there is a workaround that you can do: Set imap_capability
> manually to the value you want.
>
> But I'm still continuing my crusade to get the clients fixed instead.

Hi Timo, dont wanna stop crusaders *g, at last all well known clients
should be fixed, using acl isnt spreaded wide yet, but question, if setting
imap_capability manual, is this addtional to
capability or do i have to list all capability then manual
also is there an example for manual in the wiki/conf ( i cant remember
such ), an example with acl would be ideal

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria