[Dovecot] STARTTLS does not seem to work

Jerrale Gayle jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com
Tue May 25 23:31:34 EEST 2010

On 5/24/2010 6:13 PM, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 05/25/2010 12:03 AM Phil Howard wrote:
>
>> I would be looking for components in languages I know (C a lot and
>> Pike some) or am learning (Python).
>>
> Python's standard library provides all you need:
>      - http://docs.python.org/library/poplib.html
>      - http://docs.python.org/library/imaplib.html
>

> Regards,
> Pascal

The openssl client will connect you in plain text to your imap server
where you can manually do login (AUTH LOGIN) and browse through your
imap folders just like you use your SSH shell. This is a sufficient
enough test. Refer here, after doing what Mike Abbott told you to do
with openssl s_client:
http://www.macgeekery.com/tips/troubleshooting/troubleshooting_imap