[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:34:51 EEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 16:59, Jerry <dovecot.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On or about line 821 in the Dovecot.conf file:

Actually, a lot earlier in my trimmed down version :-)

> #auth_username_chars = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234567890.-_@
>
> If you have not all ready done so, add the "+" to the end of the list
> and un-comment the line. I believe you will have to restart 'dovecot'
> for the change to take affect.

This alone made it work.  Thanks!  Given Gregory Finch's response,
I'll have to guess that the default included + or something else is
going on.  I did have auth_username_chars uncommented (so I was not
using the default) and without the + earlier.