[Dovecot] Cannot Access Inbox

robertober robertober at mac.com
Thu May 27 19:14:56 EEST 2010

Hello Folks,

Yesterday while messing around with procmail for SpamAssassin I had my IMAP client open and it lost it's ability to see my Inbox except for two messages.  I tried another IMAP client and no success.  I can see all other directories such as sent and the ones I have made.  The mbox file is there and catable/grepable.  I even made a new one.   I can read a test account Inbox from the same server with my usual client.  Also my small number of other users appear to be using pop3 as normal.

Tried so far:
* Multiple clients including pop3.
* Removed spamd and procmail stuff.
* Various permissions.
* New mbox.
* Restart everything, although I am not sure I rebooted the server last night.
* Searched for lock files that may need to be deleted.
* Googled.

Server setup:
* Mandriva Linux 2009.1
* Dovecot 1.1.13
* Postfix 2.5.6

The mailbox in question is my business and some personal email so I would greatly appreciate any help towards fixing this issue.  I am self-employed and largely out of business without my email.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober