[Dovecot] delete messages after sa-learn

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Fri May 28 10:10:40 EEST 2010

Florian Effenberger <floeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a command-line utility to automatically purge one
> Maildir folder. I want to periodically run sa-learn from cron, and
> after the spam learning folder has been added to the Bayes database,
> its contents should be deleted. I've searched a bit, but only found a
> few old utilities or some telnet+expect scripts, which both didn't
> look too reliable.
>
> Is there any command-line utility to delete all contents of a Maildir
> folder, or is there any other solution?

Have you considered fetching from dovecot (maildir) to mbox file and
learning from mbox file?
a) fetchmail CAN use .../dovecot/imap wrapper script in "plugin" option
   to read maildir directly  [set environment variable MAIL to
   maildir:~/Maildir in the wrapper]
b) fetchmail CAN use procmail in "mda" option to deliver directly to mbox

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
I am a friend of the working man,
and I would rather be his friend than be one.
  -- Clarence Darrow