[Dovecot] beta5 builds under RHEL

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sun May 30 11:41:12 EEST 2010

On 05/30/2010 09:54 AM Axel Thimm wrote:
> LLONG_MIN/LLONG_MAX and some other defines are there, but protected by
>
> #  ifdef __USE_ISOC99
>
> Maybe dovecot's buildsystem should check for and use -std=c99? But
> then I wonder why it does build for RHEL5 and all recent Fedoras? I
> grepped the logs and found no explicit -std switch in any of the
> successful builds.

Wow, now I'm wondering too:

limits.h:102  #  ifdef __USE_ISOC99
define LLONG_MAX, LLONG_MIN, ULLONG_MAX
limits.h:111  #  endif /* ISO C99 */
limits.h:131  #if defined __USE_ISOC99 && defined __GNUC__
ifndef LLONG_MIN, LLONG_MAX, ULLONG_MAX define theme
limits.h:141  #endif

Dovecot used std=gnu99, when possible
configure.in:300	# Use std=gnu99 if we have new enough gcc
configure.in:301	old_cflags=$CFLAGS
configure.in:302	CFLAGS="-std=gnu99"

gcc(1)
gnu99
    GNU dialect of ISO C99.  When ISO C99 is fully implemented in GCC,
    this will become the default. …

Which gcc uses RHEL 6?
It works for me with gcc-4.3 and gcc-4.4.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafebabe.1015010 at localdomain.org