[Dovecot] beta5 builds under RHEL

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Sun May 30 22:22:52 EEST 2010

Axel,

On 5/30/10 10:22 AM, "Axel Thimm" <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

>> Oh, the spec file overrides CFLAGS and doesn't contain -std=gnu99?
>>

> The config.log for RHEL5/x86_64 says:
>
> CFLAGS='-std=gnu99 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
> -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64
> -mtune=generic -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
> -Wpointer-arith -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast
> -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -I/usr/kerberos/include   '

It may be a specfile after all. %configure exports CFLAGS before calling
./configure, which should be sufficient to get any needed options into the
Makefile, merged with whatever configure auto-detects (including
-std=gnu99).

Your spec also calls "make CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" which overrides
everything and omits -std=gnu99 unless specifically included by the
packager. If I remove that and just call 'make' it works fine - my %optflags
are merged in with the CFLAGS from configure and the build completes without
error.

-Brad