[Dovecot] 2.0.beta4, Panic: stream doesn't support seeking backwards

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Mon May 31 22:53:11 EEST 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 07:55:48PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On ma, 2010-03-29 at 14:14 +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:
>
> > got the following with beta4 while uploading messages from a local
> > mbox to the dovecot server in my LAN, tested with mutt and sylpheed,
> > the same action works with 1.2.11:
> >

> > Mar 29 13:42:46 [dovecot] imap(juergen): Panic: stream doesn't support
> > seeking backwards
>
> Finally I've some time to look at this. Can you still reliably reproduce
> this every time?

Yes, even if I upload the messages into a new mbox. Done some tests
right now, one thing I've noticed is that the crash only happens if
I try to copy more than one message at once. Looks like that the first
message got uploaded and after that the imap process dies.

I'll send you the mbox + index files in a private mail.

Thanks
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux