[Dovecot] Problem with excel and word attachements ?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Nov 2 10:50:09 EET 2010

Am 02.11.2010 09:34, schrieb Frank Bonnet:

> Hello
>
> We are in (random) troubles with some emails that contains
> word and excel attachements ( others attachements are OK )
>
> I don't really think Dovecot is implied in this trouble but I want
> to be sure ...
>
> The problem is users cannot open attachements from their clients
> ( thunderbird 3.1 ) it stays in "download" mode until timeout.
>
> Maybe there is a Dovecot's workaround to solve that boring problem ?
>
> Thank you

last time i had that trouble with pdf it was a network problem with a
nic adapter on windows, try test with another imap client from another
computer on another network i.e some imap webmail client on the server
for verify
also check all relevant antivir solutions and/or proxies that may involved

hint, we dont allow *.doc directly as attach etc for security, such
stuff must
compressed , easy rule with postfix body check

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria