[Dovecot] automatic un-subscribe ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 3 20:13:31 EET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 10:23 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> Is there a way for an unsubscribe from a previously (auto-)subscribed
> folder?  I'm building an email archiving system, and archived mails are
> organized by annum.  A user will have e.g. 3 years of archive
> available.  Currently that would mean this user would be
> auto-subscribed to private folders named 2007, 2008, 2009 and current.
> Starting January 2011 though that would change to 2008, 2009, 2010 and
> current.  Is there a way of auto-unsubscribing 2007 ?

I don't think there is any good way of doing it. If user subscribes
manually to it, you probably wouldn't want to unsubscribe then, right?

This would be possible with a redesigned autocreate plugin where it
didn't actually create/subscribe any mailboxes. Instead it would just
hook into LIST/LSUB commands to list them if they're not already listed.