[Dovecot] remote hot site, IMAP replication or cluster over WAN

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 3 22:02:50 EET 2010

Quoting Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks at gmail.com>:

> I do not know how the rebuild goes with hast, if the master provider
> goes down, like i said, i need to try and test it.
> Maybe an question on the freebsd-fs mailing list will answer this.
>
> More about HAST http://wiki.freebsd.org/HAST

Sounds/looks a lot like DRBD.  The config snip shown is about the same for
both..  But I don't think it is DRBD, but rather based on DRBD...

DRBD generally (configurable) will restart a rebuild as soon as a host
comes up and contacts the other host(s), assuming it can.  If it can't
for any reason,  then it of course sits and waits for manual intervention
or for something to change so it can continue.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.