[Dovecot] emails getting mangled when dragging from Exchange account to IMAP shared folders

Scott Goodwin meatsandwich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 02:57:17 EET 2010

Looks like there was some more discussion of this via the digest, but to
keep the original thread intact, I'll just reply here.
I'm still a little confused over whether or not my issue is an
Outlook/Exchange problem or something else, since I'm not certain how I
should be interpreting this raw log.
I've attached the rawlog to this email (domain names and a few surnames
redacted, and about 40K crap between the <HEAD></HEAD> tags removed, but
everything else intact).  Can anyone take a peek at this and see if it
indicates a problem upstream or downstream from the rawlog?  Thanks much.
 Also note the other oddity that stands out is that some of the envelope
recipients are broken (actually, all the recipients in my domain).  For
example, lines 19 - 21:

> To: "Roy",

"Mandred",

"Jerry"

...don't show any email addresses -- just the names.  I know that this is a
problem, but I'm just not sure if it is a separate issue, or related to the
email mangling problem.
At any rate, line 28 shows the ~1134 character References header, with the
breakage at the end there.

Note that this is the rawlog.out, not the rawlog.in.  My confusion here lies
in the fact that the breakage seems to be in the out-log only.  I just don't
know how to read these logs.
The in-log is basically exactly the same as the out-log, except that it
doesn't contain the first 38 lines that the out-log contains... so does that
mean the email came in just fine, but didn't go "out" ok?  Or does this
still confirm that the email was mangled from outside of Dovecot?
Thanks ahead of time.   I can send the in-log if you want.