[Dovecot] Problem with dovecot delivery (version 2.0.7)

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed Nov 10 09:15:14 EET 2010

Maxime Longuepee put forth on 11/9/2010 11:42 PM:

> Here is the dovecot entry from master.cf:
>
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>  flags=DRhu user=dovecot:dovecot argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
> -d ${recipient}
>

> I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to help me, thanks and
> I hope you will able to solve that problem!

Well, virtual user setups aren't my specialty, so don't hold your
breath. ;)

http://linux.die.net/man/2/setresgid

You elided your OS platform from your dovecot -n.  What OS/version is this?

From:
https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/download/attachments/26017980/07+UNIX+Permissions+and+Privileges.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1238607959000

"The results of the setresgid() expression depends on the
OS."

You may require Timo's assistance on this one.

--
Stan